Wednesday, August 20, 2014

How to Start a Dragon Academy: Something Funny and Personal



While I was watching the Dragons:  Riders of Berk episode “How to Start a Dragon Academy” for the first time on DVD two months ago, something that I thought was a bit funny on a personal level happened at two parts.

First, I was watching the part where Hiccup talks about the dragons doing what is in their nature (which echoes most of what Mildew said a little earlier in the episode).  After Hiccup said that, it suddenly reminded me of the overall message of a poem of mine that I had recently finished writing and a belief of mine that inspired it:  the belief that working to rise above your nature is working to rise above who you inherently are and rise above the part of you that you can’t change.  Later on when I watched the part at the end where Hiccup begins his voice-over, what he said about dragons at the very beginning of it reminded me of the overall message of my poem (and my belief that inspired it) again.  I thought that it was a bit funny that what Hiccup said in both of those parts was similar to the overall message of my poem and my belief that inspired it.

Why did this not happen at the part where Mildew says most of what Hiccup echoes a little bit later in the episode and Hiccup realizes that Mildew is absolutely right?  I don’t know, to be honest.  As hard as I can think about that, I just can’t come up with an answer to that question.

All that aside, I feel that the things that Hiccup said at those two parts can apply to humanity as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment