Sunday, August 10, 2014

Something in How to Train Your Dragon 2 That Really Hit Home with Me

I saw How to Train Your Dragon 2 for the second time a while ago and I felt different than I did when I saw it for the first time, which didn’t really surprise me.  I felt different in a few little ways, but this entry is going to be about the way that affected me the most.

When I first saw How to Train Your Dragon 2, the scene where Hiccup tells Astrid that he’s still looking for who he is was a scene that didn’t really mean anything to me.  Then, when I saw it the second time, what Hiccup said in that scene dawned on me and before I knew it, it really hit home with me.  How did it really hit home with me?  Well, like how Hiccup felt in that scene, I feel that I’m still looking for who I am (but not in the same way that Hiccup is).

I feel that I have a pretty good life right now:  I have a job that I really like, have a few hobbies that I really enjoy doing (writing in particular), have good friends, and the like.  At the same time, I feel that something inside of me is missing and I just don’t know what that something is no matter how hard I think about it.  This isn’t a feeling that has come up recently, but a feeling that I’ve had for quite a while now.  This is the feeling that has resulted in me feeling that I’m still looking for who I am.  Is that something inside of me that I feel is missing a part of who I am?  I can’t say at the moment, as I don’t know at all.

That isn’t the only reason why I feel that I’m still looking for who I am.  I feel that I’m still looking for who I am also because of some of the dreams that I’ve had about a male green Western dragon that is a creation of my own subconscious mind (as opposed to being from a work of fiction) and has been appearing in my dreams for a few years now.  Now...hold on a minute.  You feel that you’re still looking for who you are because of dreams that you’ve had about a dragon?  Well, yes.  While I believe that dreams generally mean nothing, I feel that some of the dreams that I’ve had about this dragon are an exception, as they’re dreams that are either recurring or similar in scenarios.  The dreams that I’ve had about this dragon have sometimes consisted of him telling me messages that are a sign of things that I don’t know about who I am and that I have yet to know about who I am – and are messages that are more often than not recurring or similar in themes.  In one dream that I had about him, he told me that life ahead will be what I make of it.  In another dream that I had about him, he told me that there will be a lot that I will know about myself in the coming times.  I’ve also had dreams about him where he has claimed to know things about me that I don’t know and that I have yet to know (like who I truly am), which are claims that I’ve taken with a substantial grain of salt.  Why has this dragon told me such things in my dreams?  I believe that he’s trying to guide me towards the path of finding myself, finding out more about who I am, and knowing myself as well as I can.  Why is this happening?  It’s hard to say.  To be honest, I just don’t know why it’s happening.

I’ve been somewhat affected by some of the things that Hiccup has said in How to Train Your Dragon and the few episodes of Dragons:  Riders of Berk that I’ve seen so far, but none of them have affected me as much as what Hiccup said in that scene in How to Train Your Dragon 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment