Tuesday, May 5, 2015

My Birthday

Well, seeing as it’s my birthday today, I thought I’d write a post about some of the things that happened during my birthday and some of the gifts that I got.

I woke up a little before 10 AM – but it wasn’t the first time that I woke up.  I first woke up around 6:40 AM after I had a dream where I was in a grocery store and I saw a shopping cart that had a few candles in it while “Stoick’s Ship” was playing in the background.  I actually felt a bit sad after I woke up from that dream (and I feel that was due to “Stoick’s Ship” playing in the background in the dream – I like that song, but at the same time, I sometimes feel a bit sad when I listen to it).  After that, I fell asleep only to wake up after another dream again.  This happened one or two more times until the time that I woke up.  The last dream that I had before I woke up was a dream where my dragon guide told me that he is my guardian and that he will protect me when he can, which I thanked him for (and this dream didn’t surprise me, seeing as I had a similar dream a few days ago).

A few hours later, right after I had lunch and cake, I opened up the gifts that my father got me for my birthday.  I ended up getting some money and two CDs:  the Lifescapes CD Relaxing Jazz and How to Train Your Dragon:  Music From The Motion Picture by John Powell.  Now I can say that I have the soundtracks to both How to Train Your Dragon and How to Train Your Dragon 2!

Then, I spent some time listening to a few of the songs on How to Train Your Dragon:  Music From The Motion Picture while I was surfing the Internet.  The songs that I listened to were “This is Berk”, “The Dragon Book”, “Forbidden Friendship” (which is a song that the soundtrack to How to Train Your Dragon 2 can’t top, in my opinion), “Test Drive” (which had a couple of parts in it that remind me of Gift of the Night Fury), and “The Vikings Have Their Tea”.  I don’t know why, but when I listened to “The Dragon Book”, I thought a bit about my dragon guide.

A few hours later, I had dinner with two of my friends and I got a card and a hat from them – and they said that they were going to get another gift and mail it to me soon.  I also gave them a copy of an art and literary journal that one of my poems got published in.  As we began to eat, we chatted about college, what I got for my birthday, and other things.  After I told my friends that I got How to Train Your Dragon:  Music from the Motion Picture as a birthday present, one of them said that he hasn’t seen How to Train Your Dragon yet.  I told him that I have How to Train Your Dragon and How to Train Your Dragon 2 on DVD.  Then, he asked me something along the lines of, “You like those movies, don’t you?” and I said, “Yeah,” in response.  Following that, we continued eating and chatting about other things.  Once that was all done, we left and hung out for a bit.

After that, I went back home and listened to a few more of the songs on How to Train Your Dragon:  Music from the Motion Picture while I was surfing the Internet.  This time around, I listened to “Not So Fireproof”, “Coming Back Around”, and “The Downed Dragon”.

Anyways, that was my birthday and it was a pretty good birthday.  I’m happy about the gifts that I got (which I thank my father and my friends for) and I’m glad that I was able to hang out with two of my friends for part of it (not to mention that I’m glad that I have them as friends).

On a final and different note, something happened a few days ago that I’m quite happy about (and thought I’d mention in this entry just because):  I got to see another one of my poems appear in an art and literary journal!  For the record, it’s the poem of mine that I refer to in my blog entry “Dragons of Tarkir Trailer:  An Afterthought”.  Funny thing is, I still feel that said poem falls right in with the Dragons of Tarkir trailer.  XD


No comments:

Post a Comment