Sunday, January 17, 2016

Happy (belated) Appreciate a Dragon Day!

Happy belated Appreciate a Dragon Day!  As you will note, I am not posting this on the 16th.  The reason is that I didn’t know that Appreciate a Dragon Day was on the 16th.  In fact, I didn’t even know about Appreciate a Dragon Day until the 16th (and even then, I didn’t look up information about it and find out that it was on the 16th, mainly because I was busy with other things).

Anyways, since I didn’t celebrate Appreciate a Dragon Day on the 16th, I thought that I’d write about several things regarding dragons that I’m glad about.

I’m glad that I was born in the Year of the Dragon (and I can’t find the words to explain why).

I’m glad that I became fascinated with dragons when I was young.  If I hadn’t become fascinated with dragons when I was young, I honestly don’t know if I’d be the person that I am today (to a certain extent).

I’m glad that I’ve read a few books about dragons or books that have dragons in them, such as (but not limited to) The Hobbit by the late J. R. R. Tolkien; Dragonsong, Dragonsinger, and Dragondrums by the late Anne McCaffrey; and Mistress of Dragons by Margaret Weis.  I’m also glad that I’ve read a few short stories about dragons or short stories that have dragons in them, such as (but not limited to) “The Smallest Dragonboy” by the late Anne McCaffrey.  They became a few of my favorite books and short stories, not to mention that some of them changed my views of dragons in literature.

I’m glad that I’ve watched the following movies about dragons:  Dragonheart, Dragonheart:  A New Beginning, How to Train Your Dragon, How to Train Your Dragon 2, and Dragonheart 3:  The Sorcerer’s Curse.  They became my favorite movies about dragons (seeing as I like movies about dragons that don’t picture dragons as bad or evil creatures), not to mention that a few of them changed my views of dragons in movies.

Last but not least, I’m glad (and thankful) that I’ve had dreams about my dragon guardian/guide for a little more than six years now.  Though these dreams tend to be confusing, I’d rather have them than not have them – and I don’t know if I’d be the person that I am today (to a certain extent) if I didn’t have them in the first place.

There’s one more thing that I thought I’d mention (which I find to be interesting and coincidental).  On Appreciate a Dragon Day last year, I wrote part of my poem about my dragon guardian/guide; it was my ninth day of writing that poem (and it was a long ways away from being finished at the time).

I hope that everyone had a great 16th!

No comments:

Post a Comment