Sunday, March 29, 2015

Dragons of Tarkir Trailer: An Afterthought

Sometime after I watched the trailer for the Magic:  The Gathering expansion Dragons of Tarkir for the first time, I thought about a poem of mine that I wrote back in 2012 that deals with a person who realizes that what he becomes is what he can be (as opposed to what he already is).

Then, something that I found to be funny happened:  I couldn’t help but feel that my poem seemed to fall right in with the Dragons of Tarkir trailer.  My thoughts of what my poem deals with reminded me of Sarkhan Vol in that trailer.  Specifically, they reminded me of the part near the end that starts with Sarkhan talking about Tarkir.  When I think about what Sarkhan says in that part of the trailer, I feel that Sarkhan is realizing what he can be as a result of traveling back in time to prevent the extinction of dragons on Tarkir (but that’s just my opinion, though).

As if that isn’t funny enough to me, the only reason that this happened was because of something else.  Earlier that day, I found out that my poem is going to be published in an art and literary journal (but I don’t feel like saying which art and literary journal for personal reasons) in the near future (which I’m quite happy about even though it’s not the first time getting one of my poems published).  If I didn’t find out that my poem is going to be published in an art and literary journal, I don’t think that this would have happened in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment