Thursday, March 19, 2015

Dragons of Tarkir Trailer: My Thoughts


Recently when I was browsing through Youtube videos, I came across the trailer for the Magic:  The Gathering expansion Dragons of Tarkir (which is the third and final expansion in the Khans of Tarkir block).  Though I don’t play Magic:  The Gathering (but collect the cards on occasion), I decided to watch it anyways because, hey, there are dragons in it and I’m fascinated with dragons.

What did I think of it?  I felt that it was better than the other Magic:  The Gathering trailers that I’ve watched so far in terms of animation.  In particular, the scenes of Sarkhan Vol and the scenes of the spirit dragon Ugin had a better quality (and looked more realistic) than some of the other scenes in it.  The writing wasn’t fantastic, but it wasn’t really bad, either (and I feel the same way about the narration).  Also, I wasn’t surprised at how many times Sarkhan says the word “dragon” in it (just for the record, he says it 10 times).

Then, when I read through the comments about it, I saw something that I thought was a bit funny and awesome but didn’t really surprise me at the same time:  Some of the commenters mentioned How to Train Your Dragon, be it them implying that it was like How to Train Your Dragon or saying that it made them think of How to Train Your Dragon.  Such thoughts were not thoughts that I personally shared, but I still thought that it was awesome that the people who had those thoughts brought up How to Train Your Dragon.  I thought that it was a bit funny that some of the commenters implied that it was like How to Train Your Dragon, mainly because it’s about a man traveling back in time to prevent the extinction of dragons on his home plane (which is not what How to Train Your Dragon is about).

Oh, and I wasn’t surprised that dragons were on my mind after I watched it.  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment