Thursday, July 9, 2015

Without How to Train Your Dragon...



Looking back on things a bit here, I’m so glad and grateful that I watched the film How to Train Your Dragon and got into the How to Train Your Dragon fandom last year.  If I hadn’t done both of those things, then several things wouldn’t have happened.

I wouldn’t have found a film that had a tie with Dragonheart as my favorite film about dragons.

I wouldn’t have found the blog of Toothless the Nightfury/usertoothless (which I found only thanks to someone on a forum site that I’m a member of who is a fan of How to Train Your Dragon) – and I wouldn’t have subsequently created my Disqus account to comment on said blog and chatted with other How to Train Your Dragon fans.

I wouldn’t have joined the How to Train Your Dragon Wiki (though I haven’t really been active on it because I tend to forget about it).

I wouldn’t have joined Berk’s Grapevine and met the wonderful people on there – and I wouldn’t have subsequently chatted with some of those people on Skype.

I wouldn’t have watched a few episodes of the series Dragons:  Riders of Berk (I would’ve watched more episodes of it, but I lost interest in it after a while due to being busy with other things).

I wouldn’t have watched How to Train Your Dragon 2 – a truly amazing sequel that exceeded my expectations when it comes to sequels – while it was in theaters – and I wouldn’t have subsequently found a film that had a three-way tie with How to Train Your Dragon and Dragonheart as my favorite film about dragons.

I wouldn’t have watched the shorts Gift of the Night Fury (which I really like) and Dawn of the Dragon Racers (which I found to be disappointing, especially after watching How to Train Your Dragon 2).

I wouldn’t have gotten into John Powell’s music a bit (especially since I hadn’t heard of John Powell at all before I heard of How to Train Your Dragon).

I wouldn’t have had all of the HTTYD-related dreams that I’ve had so far (some of which – a few of the ones that have had my dragon guide in them – have led to me wondering about who I am a bit more).

And, of course, I wouldn’t have started my own blog about How to Train Your Dragon and dragons (especially since the blog of Toothless the Nightfury/usertoothless inspired me to create said blog).

Needless to say, I owe the film How to Train Your Dragon quite a bit in my life.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment